July 23, 2009

Finding Nemo


Written and Directed by: Andrew Stanton (Toy Story, A Bug's Life, Monster's Inc, WALL-E, he won two Oscars as well, that's pretty cool).

Cast:
(Just gonna list the people you'd actually know)
Ellen DeGeneres
William Defoe
Brad Garrett (funny guy)
Allison Janney
Elizabeth Perkins
Eric Bana (sexy ozzie boy!)
Dewey from Malcom In The Middle

Life in the ocean is full of scary crap when your only a tiny clown fish. For Marlin a widower fishy, who does everything to protect is son Nemo, there is lots and lots of scary stuff.
When it comes time for Nemo to spread his wings fins and go to school, Marlin brings him, but agonises over every move Nemo makes. Then Nemo is bold and swims off beyond the reef to the "drop off" to look at a big but boat, he's then like kidnapped my a diver guy as Marlin watches on, helplessly.

Marlin starts having like a holy hairy conniption and goes looking for him. In the beginning of his big adventure looking for his son, he meets Dory, a girl blue fishy who offers him help. There's a problem as Dory suffers from short term memory loss and forgets stuff just after it happens.

Together the two set out on the mad adventure to find Nemo.


Now Nemo is in a fish tank in a dentists office in Sydney, with a bunch of other fishys. William Defoe is like the leader fish guy, he also came from the ocean and dreams of going back there one day. Along with William Defoe and Nemo in the fish tank there's a starfish named Peach, an erratic blow fishy named Bloat, Bubbles a yellow fishy who's obsessed with bubbles, a french Shrimp named Jacques who's a bit OCD, a germophobe fishy named Gurgle, and my favourite in the tank is a black fishy named Deb who believes her reflection is her twin sister Flo, very funny
stuff.


They all initiate Nemo into their gang, this is one of my favourite bits in the movie the whole "Sharkbate ooh ha ha!" and the "mount wanna-hock-a-loogie!" ahhhh ha ha ha ha ha!

Marlin and Dory get themselves into a bit of trouble with some sharks, a freaky looking creature thing and loadsa jellyfish along the way. The sharks are great they are in like a self help programme to improve their image from "mindless eating machines".


They also have a run in with a blue whale, Dory can speak whale - that's some funny stuff. They ride along the East Australian Current with some cool turtles, and nearly get attacked by the funny seagulls, on the way to get Nemo in Sydney.


News of all the wild adventures, and shark dodging spread across the ocean, and word of his fearless father eventually gets to Nemo in the fish tank. Nemo is so happy when he learns of his father's adventure to find him.

With William Defoe's help Nemo tries to find a way to escape to the ocean to his father, but he has to hurry cause the dentist's evil ginger niece is coming the next day and Nemo is like her birthday present.


When they arrive in Sydney they get some help from Nigel, a pelican who heard all about their adventures.

As the clock ticks on and things getting in both their ways, Nemo and Marlin fight everything to be reunited with each other.

With the help of the gang in the fish tank and some other ocean friends, Nemo and Marlin are eventually back together but not before some more scary stuff goes down. Marlin then realises that he needs to not be so over protective of Nemo, and all is happy jolly again in the big ol'blue.

Best Bit:

Dory: No. No, you can't... STOP. Please don't go away. Please? No one's ever stuck with me for so long before. And if you leave... if you leave... I just, I remember things better with you. I do, look. P. Sherman, forty-two... forty-two... I remember it, I do. It's there, I know it is, because when I look at you, I can feel it. And-and I look at you, and I... and I'm home. Please... I don't want that to go away. I don't want to forget.
Marlin:I'm sorry, Dory. But I... do.


(Where's me tissues...)

1 comment:

  1. From age 2 to 4 my daughter used to wake up and put the DVD of either this, or Monsters Inc on every single morning.
    I was a proud and happy parent the day she finally started school. Haven't seen either movie since.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment, but do it quietly, some people are still watching

Irish Blogs Humor Business Directory - BTS Local Movie & Film Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory